Are you looking for a way to reduce mould counts in your food processing facility and avoid a recall? Do you want to increase your produce shelf life and reduce spoilage?
Keeping coliform bacteria counts below required thresholds can be a challenge for food processors.
Thanks to Steril-Aire™ Ultraviolet C (UVC) energy, you can eradicate airborne & surface contamination.
- UVC on Food Surfaces: Prior to packaging, UVC treatment adds a final intervention step for food safety.
The UVC wavelength targets the DNA of moulds, bacteria & viruses, kills cells or makes replication impossible. Because these microorganisms are so small, UVC energy readily penetrates their DNA.
UVC Benefits for the food processing industry:
- Enhance food safety through mould, bacteria and virus control.
- Reduce or prevent the spread of E. coli, Listeria, Salmonella and other microorganisms during the processing and cutting operations.
- Increase shelf life and reduce spoilage which leads to greater profitability and operational efficiency.
- Ability to reduce or eliminate the use of chemicals and/or preservatives.
- Increase revenue through geographical market area expansion because of increased produce shelf life.
- Reduce product recall, brand damage and liability.
Our advanced Steril-Aire™ UVC solution can produce optimum energy output in cold and moving air environments. Our Steril-Aire’s multi patented UVC Emitter™ delivers about 5 times the output of other UVC devices under HVAC conditions. Therefore, it is ideally suited for food processing lines, cold storage areas, and HVAC systems.
Food Processing Case Studies:
- Discover how a potato packing company was able to significantly reduce mould with UVC and reduce spoilage.
- Read how Martin Farms was able to reduce mould and increase the shelf life of butternut squash from 1 week to 2 weeks.
To download this case study, please enter the information below and click send.
- UVC Emitters Help Eliminate Mould and Extend Shelf-Life at Martin Farms.
- Give UVC a Tumble to Eliminate Bacteria. System uses germicidal tumbling drum.