Water Conservation and Savings
HVAC systems produce a lot of water which is normally full of pollutants and is consequently ejected into the sewage system.
A 10,000 square foot (929 square meters) office building can produce more than 15,000 gallons (56.8 m3) of condensate water per year. Source: Alliance for Water Efficiency
Once Steril-Aire’s Emitters™ are installed, the water is automatically purified and can be recycled for applications such as: cooling tower make up, irrigation systems, and internal “grey water” use.
Recycling HVAC Condensate saves money:
- Lower condenser water temp requiring less chiller energy per ton of cooling.
- Each degree water is lowered can reduce chiller kW by 1-4%.
- Improved chiller operating performance as the load is reduced.
- Reduce trade effluent charge.
- Read how Delaware Biotechnology Institute experienced a direct savings of $4,000/£2,624 to $6,000/£3,936 in water costs during the yearly cooling season.
To download this case study, please enter the information below and click send.